Wednesday 19 January 2011

Taiwan - Day 3

Day three started with a plan to visit Taipei 101, the building that once held the record for the tallest in the world. No doubt others have been build since that are taller. We had planned to go to the 89th floor's observation deck to check out the view, but the weather wasn't looking so good. 



Taipei 101 in the Clouds


While walking around the area I came across a few flowers. I had Canon's new 70-300 L lens with me so I thought I would see how it performs. 


Purple Iris
 
At about 300mm EFL and f/8, it gives a very nice background blur. I really can't complain with that. In fact I've been very happy with the lens all round.

With the weather deteriorating to occasional showers, we decided to head indoors and visit the National Palace Museum.


National Palace Museum

I've never been much interested in photographing artifacts in a museum but the exhibits are quite stunning. It's definitely worth a look.

Back outdoors, it was still cloudy so I turned my attention to a few arty black and white architectural shots.


Railing - National Palace Museum
 
Stairs - National Palace Museum

That night we visited the night markets.  It's probably more interesting if you have something you would like to buy but as a pure tourist attraction it's a little lacking.


Shihin Night Markets

There were plenty of shoppers and the occasional scooter.


Chinese Lanterns - Shihlin Night Markets 


And to finish  the day off with an arty shot of some Chinese lanterns outside a small shrine next to the markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment